Friday, June 26, 2015

Are You Going Against the Flow?

 Having tried for so long to find my purpose to live a purpose driven life, the journey and frustration has been to say the least, challenging.  I have always believed if you do what you love and serve others the money to sustain one's self will come.

I chose Yoga Metta as my domain name and blog because it means "cultivating friendliness and loving kindness", a philosophy I observed that had many benefits.  Easier said than done in our present society. It is actually a daily practice because maintaining it all the time is challenging even for the Saints.

In the process of trying to find this place of purposeful work I have spent countless money, time and frustration trying to fit the mold of what is sensible and sustainable in the work force. Needless to say many roadblocks, closed doors,and financial blocks took their toll on me and my spirit. Sometimes I would scream at the top of my lungs "what's going on" and actually played that 4 Non Blondes song "What's Up" as I wallowed in self pity over my unrealized dreams.

Fast forward eight years later and after much pain and surrender I am seeing the fruits of my labor and intention. It feels like I am finally where I should be. Realizing there have been no posts on my blog since 2013 it feels like I have been in this holding pattern. Neither here nor there. I hope to start posting articles that will be inspirational as well as educational. I  am blessed to have found a career that blends my medical background, yoga, meditation and wellness. All that I am passionate about, I get to bring to support those in recovery and dealing with trauma. Doesn't get much better than that.

So if you are feeling stuck like you will never find your answer don't push, plot and plan, going against the natural flow of life.  Just stay the course pray, meditate, set your intention, volunteer and go help people, act as if your dreams have already manifested and give the very thing you want to receive. Go with the flow and sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment